Hana-bi (fireworks)

Hana-bi (fireworks)
credits saeruma photography.

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

if you were to be an animal...

i almost forgot why i posted this, because it's been so long since i thought of the idea to write a post about it. i find myself doing that a lot: write a piece of it down before you forget! now that's exactly what i did for this post... a week ago. haha.

but i kind of remember now.

ever been asked that question: if you were to be an animal, what would you be?

well, it's seriously been second nature for me to answer peregrine falcon, because i want to fly. fast. and now i sit here, seriously considering why i chose that answer--why i want to be a bird(i could be a dragon!)? and why do i want to fly?

i think it has something to do with the idea of being free. to flap your wings and not have anything hold you back from soaring and going/discovering wherever you wish to. then, whenever you decide to-dive down at speeds reaching over 200 mph. How fast! Man, i didn't even realize that's how fast they dove until i just checked now. doing whatever, whenever. not to have the world hold you back, not having worries of so many needless things hold you back. to know that i can be free embrace my own potential without the physical nature of even my own being hold me back.

i do see how this whole message can wrap around a little of what God says to us. that i really don't have to let the worries of the world, people, institutions, and myself hold me back when i'm truly freed by His grace. He sent His son so that i can be free from the bondage of sin, from the hold of the devil. devil can do nothing to take me away from the grace of God. and i believe that it's when i find God's heart for me that i will truly be able to embrace who i am in Him.

so who am i in Him? i guess that's what part of this journey of life means. i just wish that i could be free to find my wings, fly, and dive whenever i wish. embracing the plans more and more of what God has for me and... going through with it. i know that there's something i'm missing, is it that true experience of His grace? is it that encounter with Him?


or is it something else?

or is it just me?

1 comment: