Hana-bi (fireworks)

Hana-bi (fireworks)
credits saeruma photography.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

most of all.

God, i wanna tell you first before i tell anyone
my faith is slippin and i'm crossin where the lines are drawn
i glorify myself, my heart is compromised
i'm speakin with my back turned instead of eye to eye

and even in those times when i swear i'm livin holy
Lord you know me wholly that my love for sin is borderline
i'm callin others fake while i got my mask on
rebukin haters while i'm hatin on my saving grace

i hate this. its hard to take shape of the savior
its impossible i'm always blamin satan too
but the case in every situation is, i got my own mind
the bottom line its my own decision that i'm makin

it's so cliche( i ) this roller coaster ride (miss)
but now i've got to pray (you)cuz i need you, (my God).
i'm at a lost for words, nothing i deserve from you
and tho i ask not for anything, im glad i told u first.

----

Father, i gotta tell you now before this moment passes by
i've made you my convenience and not my staff and rod
i'm led astray easily by things that please me
like sheep i wander off forgetting where the green pastures lie

my heart is numb to love, ur grace i push aside
the greatest gift to man but like a light i switch you off
i'm losin focus, the hands of sin they choke me
it's hard to breathe and hard to see, ur heart just seems so far from me Lord

i reached your seashore once and caught a glimpse of beauty
bright as jewelry you insured a new me, and
you said my past was gone and showed me purity, and
you said that i would fall again but that you'd catch my hand

i understand now that i can stand even now
despite the struggle cuz of what you did it evens out
amount of sin is plenty, but you call me righteous
i ask not for anything, you've given everything already.

i post this song because i felt that it really spoke true of my heart lately.

manifest - most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment